Paradise Lost: Book 1 (798 lines)
By John Milton
- The first section (1-26) contains the invocation and the purpose of writing.
- The second section (27-83) gives a birds-eye view of the consequences of the disobedience and the revolt and the expulsion of Satan from paradise.
- The third section (84-282) contains the speeches between Satan and Beelzebub (Satan’s commander-in-chief)
- The fourth section (283-621) gives a comprehensive detail of the demons accompanying Satan.
- The Fifth Section (622-669) contains the speeches of Satan to demons.
- The Sixth Section (670-798) gives an overview of the construction of Pandemonium.