- What is language? What are the major characteristics of language?
- To what extent can Linguistics be considered as a science?
- Show different stages of child language development.
- How is the spoken language differs from written language?
- Discuss the relationship between language and culture.
- Discuss Saussure’s concept of language and parole.
- Who is Chomsky? Describe his contribution to Linguistics. Explain the nativist theory.
- What is semantics? Provide an analysis of major lexical relations?
- What is Assimilation? Describe the different aspects of Assimilation.
- Discuss the Monitor Model Theory of Stephen Krashen?
- Classify English Phonemes according to their place of articulation.
- What is the cooperative principle? Discuss with reference to Grecians maxims
- What is morphology? Classify the morphemes in detail.
- What is IC analysis? Exemplify IC analysis through a tree diagram
- Give an account of the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis.